Happy New Year!
Posted on 05 January 2017
HAPPY NEW YEAR from the girls at Magnolia Moon!
With the turning of the year and a new calendar (mine is called I Could Pee On This—a calendar of poems by cats ha!) for the wall to keep track of days and events for 2017, it is time to think about New Year’s Resolutions. For most of us that usually means getting in better shape, reading more books, traveling more, or trying something new. Isn’t it funny how we start each New Year with resolutions to improve ourselves when we really don’t need “improving” because we are just fine as we are? But, the list comes out; we stick it on the fridge, and for a while, try to stick to our resolutions.
This year I decided to pick a word to guide me throughout the year and to form the basis of my goals, personally and professionally. My word for 2017 is GROWTH.
In my personal life, growth looks like:
- Growing and nurturing my friendships. As a business owner, it is easy to get wrapped up in my own world. I’m either so pre-occupied by business or really exhausted by the end of the day, that I don’t do a good job of keeping touch with friends near and far. This year I’m going to spend more quality time with my besties.
One of the things I’m most excited for this year is getting a big group of my girls, who are mostly scattered all across the country, together in Nashville for a long weekend to celebrate the big 3-0!!
- Growing my practice of self-care. This is a big one for me this year. Over the past 3 years of being in business, I have not done a great job of getting to the gym or my favorite Pilates class very regularly, eating well, or taking the time to do something special for myself. I’m committing this year to blocking out time during the workday to hit the gym or go to a class. I already eat pretty healthy, but my problem is I sometimes forget to eat during the day. With hundreds of emails and phone calls, customers in and out of the store, photo shoots, meetings, and all of the other daily madness, it’s easy to get caught up in the craziness and not eat. So this year, I’m going to work on setting aside 30 minutes to eat in peace (we’ll see how well that works out)! And finally, I’m going to do more things that make me happy: weekly massages, mani-pedis, girls’ nights, travel for fun, hikes with my dog, meditation, reading non-business books….
Lately, I have become kind of obsessed with Reformer Pilates! You know, the one where you do Pilates on those crazy machines. I’ve always been a big fan of Pilates, but using the Reformers has really stepped up my practice! If you’re in the Fort Collins area, definitely check out AMP Pilates & Fitness!
Professionally, growth looks like:
- Growing the online shop. I am so excited at how much our online shop has grown in the past 6 months, so thank you to everyone that has shopped online with us! We have big plans in store to make the online shop even better in 2017. I’m talking online-exclusive inventory, new weekly arrivals, contests, a rewards program, and more to be announced later! Be prepared to see even more affordable, on-trend pieces in the coming months! And as always, shipping will remain FREE on all orders!
We are tweaking our online offerings this year to be more nimble and responsive to what you want, so that means more $50 and under pieces, more accessories, and more variety.
- Growing the brick and mortar shop. As we near our 3 year anniversary, it is exciting to look back on the three years of steady growth we have been experiencing! A huge thank-you to all of our local customers!! We have plans for some exciting in-store events this year, as well as some tweaks to the inside of the shop. This year you’ll see our shoe selection expand, the introduction of a new and super affordable denim line, and more of your favorite on-trend, affordable dresses and tops.
We’re always looking for new ways to make shopping in-store even better, so be prepared to see new and improved fitting rooms coming soon!
- Growing Magnolia Moon’s impact. I feel so fortunate that over the past 2 ½ years Magnolia Moon has been able to support and donate to so many local charities and organizations. The ability to give back to the community has always been a major component of doing business for me. In 2017 we will continue giving back, but we are going to expand our ability to support the Fort Collins community by hosting “Charity Nights” in-store where organizations and groups will be able to host events, shop, and receive 20% of proceeds! Keep an eye out for our first Charity Night coming soon.
Design competition + local artists & designers + fashion show + private label production. That’s all we’re saying for now, but more details coming soon! ;)
So there’s a little sneak peek into what goals I have for myself and for Magnolia Moon in 2017. I think this is going to be a great and busy year, and I’m excited to share it with all of you!
What are you goals and dreams for 2017? What’s one word you would use to describe your aspirations for this year? Share with us in the comments, shoot me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org), or let us know on Instagram (@shopmagnoliamoon). We love hearing your stories and sharing in your successes!
Happy New Year,